Sunday, March 21, 2010

it's real.

the reality has hit me. last night i looked at the date. Sunday, March 21. i leave in a week. For the longest time, Ecuador was just something i talked about. But now it's so real and all the normal emotions are flooding my mind. Excitement, anticipation, maybe a bit of fear. This is my first time flying alone internationally and while I'm confident there's also a bit of fear that comes with the unknown. There's definitely comfort in the fact that i'm never alone. I find it kind of funny that i've been buying new flip flops and shorts for my trip and today i looked at the weather in Ecuador. Rain, rain, rain. thunderstorms all week even! it will definitely be warmer than here but i don't think i'll be getting much of a tan. Two months isn't long but it is. In two months anything can happen. I am hoping to learn, to grow, to be stretched, and to further become the woman God has created me to be. I kind of hope this won't be easy for me, I kind of hope it will be a humbling experience but i have prayed those prayers before, unknowing how painful it can be. However. Definitely worth it.
Well...i'd better go find my rain jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment