Thursday, June 24, 2010

day eighty eight - running club

Ok so i realized i said stay tuned for pictures from the jungle...so i´ll put up a couple from our trip. But really we just went to the city, Macas by the jungle. it really was a sweet trip though. I really get super lazy with taking photos. i hate packing around my camera. oh the downfalls of great technology. Macas was beautiful. A small city where everyone seems to know everyone. It was SO hot and humid there, my hair curled instantly. It was a nice change from cold Riobamba. I went for a walk at 8 in the morning and it was already hot. and we all went out at night and at 10 it was still hot. It was really really green. It actually reminded me of the island a LOT especially the drive from port to nanaimo. the only thing that seemed different is that there were vines. and way more waterfalls. and our trees are bigger. OK so it was different. but still.

Isaac and Georgina, the Ark´s social worker needed to go there because Isaac used to have a children´s home there which got closed because of lack of funds. The kids were moved to the Ark in Riobamba, so they need to go there often to visit families. this time one of the kids, Mariano, was going home. This is Alicia and Mariano pretending to be tough.


Alicia has been really ambitious and has started running. I love running...I love thinking about running. Man it´s so hard to start once you haven´t run in so long. Well the other day she got Isaac and Frejol and I to go with her and we decided to start a running club. We´re getting shirts. and sweatbands. But this isn´t just any running club. There are other things involved like hopping, skipping, jumping...and parkore. And if you want to join you have to be initiated. or as Alicia calls it...hazed. We´re still figuring out the deets.

I have about 3 more days of relative relaxation before the chaos starts. This weekend some of us are going to this party somewhere...and to hike part of the Inca Trail maybe. As you can see i´m not exactly sure yet. But in July i´m helping Gaby with a summer tutoring program. I´ll be helping her with the English part. I´ll also be helping Zoe with a vacation bible school program at the Ark. There may or may not be a trip to the beach in there too. It´s hard to think of it like this because once july is gone...i´m pretty much coming home.

Learning more about trust daily. Peace, prayer, and contentment.
Daniela (i realized that if i spell my name Daniella here it´s pronounced Dan-ee-ay-ja).
so daniela it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment