Wednesday, April 14, 2010

day fifteen - piece of heaven

this post was supposed to be accompanied with awesome pictures from my trip to town today. but on the bus on the way to town i realized that i hadn't put the memory card back in. bummer. anyways...in town today Alicia and I found a little piece of heaven on earth. We had just walked into a food court so Alicia could use the washroom and i had sat down and was looking at some signs. I saw one for "Coffee. Exquisito aroma". I had never seen it before so when Alicia came back out we looked for this apparently exquisite coffee shop. We found it on the top floor of this food court that has an open-air court yard in the middle. There were no other customers there but the lady was friendly and greeted us. "ALICIA! I SEE AN ESPRESSO MACHINE!". golden. unfortunately the girl who knew how to make lattes wasn't there but we were quite alright to settle for a decent cup of normal coffee. It was amazing. It wasn't instant. And it was amazing. I think i may just go there tomorrow. I'm considering going by myself for the first time. It's a little scary with my limited spanish but it would be nice to just have some alone time.

I had a great conversation tonight with Jessalyn and Alicia and it's just been such a blessing to have both of them here. I told them i was thankful that they were such lovely people. Haha because really it would have sucked to try to love them if they were arrogant bags.
I've been learning about learning. Learning to be content, learning to be compassionate, learning to love, learning to pray, learning to listen. learning is humbling.

miley


erick


- Daniella

No comments:

Post a Comment