Wednesday, April 28, 2010

day twenty nine - bye lisa!

I can't believe it's lisa's last day here. She's flying out tomorrow morning back to her home in Salt Lake City. We're really going to miss her and we don't want her to leave. She's so much fun, and i have already learned so much from her in just two weeks. There's no way this is the last time i'm going to see this girl. The four of us are going out to town tonight for our last night together.

I have really been slacking on blog updates lately because our internet has been a bit crazy and I have just been so busy. We had such a great weekend off in Banos, i will never forget it. I can't believe it's been a month. It has gone by so fast like i knew it would, but at the same time, i feel like i've been here forever. I know i still have over a month to go...but i want it to be longer. The relationships i'm building with the Allans and the street ministry guys i feel are more than just seasonal relationships. i can't imagine never seeing them again.

I didn't get to my spanish class last week so today will be my first one and i am so freaking excited. I have been trying so hard to pick it up; asking people questions, paying attention, writing things down as much as i can. It will be so great to have an hour of solid learning. A couple nights ago one of the guys, Frejol (ya...it means bean. they have nicknames that are all ingredients of soup) was teaching me stuff and i knew when he was teaching me something wrong because when i repeated it out loud everyone would laugh at me.

here are some photos of our weekend off in banos.

quy (guinea pig). haven't tried it yet. but i am going to


this food was so amazing...we ate here three times i think

for 55 cents...everyone loves beer. haha

so many more pictures, i'll put them on facebook soon.
peace, daniella

No comments:

Post a Comment