Thursday, April 29, 2010

day thirty - espiritu santo

my first spanish class didn't go so well. The teacher wasn't there so another lady tried to teach Alicia and I grammar but i was so frustrated because I didn't know what she was talking about. But next week we're going to do 2 hours instead, she felt bad the teacher wasn't there. I have never wanted to learn a language so badly. If i could have a superpower...only one...or one wish or anything like that, it would be to know every language in the world.

Every thursday we have a bible study here at the ark. One of the workers here just gave her life to the Lord so it was exciting to see her there. I don't remember how many people usually come but tonight i'm guessing there were around forty or fifty. It was unbelievable. God has really been moving. Well...he's always present of course but I've just really been learning a lot lately about how he IS always here and how we have access to the power of the Holy Spirit. It was his gift to us. We sang worship songs and i've been starting to learn some of them. I crave spanish worship music. I don't want to listen to anything else. Ron gave a talk and then we just prayed and the Holy Spirit fell on the room. I will never forget it.

Today was Cebolla's birthday so he got whipped with a belt 18 times. Happy Birthday Cebolla. One of the kids, Patricio (we all call him Teletuvie) is going back to Quito to live with his family. He has been here a few months, just working, doing odd jobs and selling candy. He has been staying with Blass but he's only 12 so they've been trying to get him to move back with his family. He's going back on Sunday and it will be really sad to see him go.
Lisa left this morning. It's back to 3 volunteers. It's kind of weird, we miss her already!
us with Teletuvie in our favorite coffee place.

I fall more in love with these kids every day. This morning when i went to wake up Romina I almost started crying because she looked so cute in her pajamas. I just picked her up and hugged her and said "i love you i love you i love you!". Some people just love like that naturally, but it's something I've been learning to do. And i'm learning that in the same way, the more i know about God, the more i am able to love him.
Tonight has been a pivotal moment here on my trip in ecuador and in my journey with God.



this video is from last night, our birthday party for Cebolla and goodbye party for Lisa. I look like i'm crying because i probably was. I love these people.

No comments:

Post a Comment