the other day Elias got adopted. I always have mixed feelings when a child gets adopted. Are the parents going to love them the way they should, are they going to teach them about the love of God, are they going to give up when it gets tough? I feel selfish sometimes in wanting all the kids to stay here, but then i remember that they don't have their own set of parents to tuck them in at night. They don't have parents to run home to at the end of the school day to give them a picture to put on the fridge. Sure, they have a home. And it's a great home. But i tend to forget how different their childhood is compared to how mine was.
ecuador and the culture of ecuador is really growing on me. I wasn't so sure at first if i would have a purpose here. I felt that i would do my time, learn a few lessons, and then go home. But i was wrong. There's a specific reason why I'm here and it's important. I don't know exactly what it looks like yet, but there's something about this place, this culture, these people, that are drawing me in.
please pray for my brother. His back has been really messed up for a while after he hit his head running up the stairs (only my brother could accomplish that). But he's in serious pain and the hospital could only schedule a test for him in a couple months.
probably the smallest lady i've ever seen in my life
hanging out one night downtown riobamba
No comments:
Post a Comment