Thursday, April 1, 2010

day two - zoo

today we took the younger kids to the Riobamba Zoo.

so people kept telling me...wear sunscreen, wear sunscreen. ya ya ya. I'll wear sunscreen. But it was almost rainy and windy and not even very warm. Well apparently there's a freaking hole in the ozone layer and you can burn in an instant. so ya. i got sunburned.
I slept pretty well last night but I'm just so tired this afternoon. Tomorrow i'm going to start my volunteer shifts which means i sign up for different time slots throughout the day and i help out with the babies or the kids and if i want to i can help out with yard work or in the kitchen. I'm still trying to get the hang of things and the language barrier is a way bigger issue than i realized. most of the staff don't speak any english and only a few of the kids speak english. i need to keep reminding myself that i only got here yesterday though.
The kids are adorable by the way.


this is Mario. He wanted me to hold his pretty flower so he could go down the slide.


the door to the ark children's home. that's jessalyn ringing the doorbell after we went to town for a couple hours.




mmmm Ecuador feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment